Yes! We encourage players to make their own Words albums.
Creating an album
- Go to your myWords dashboard.
- Click on Create New, and you will be automatically taken to the new album page.
- Click on Add Image to upload a picture (or to take one, if you are on your iPad!).
- Hover your cursor over the image you have just added and click the green Edit button.
- Type your chosen word in the Add Word field and select a difficulty. Add a couple more words; the more the merrier! If you want some of the letters to appear as given on the screen, you can put them in parentheses. A(NT) will show as _NT, for example.
- Return to your album to add as many pictures and words as you wish.
- Don’t forget to add a title!
Note: To provide hints (as in Junior mode) in a custom album, simply put parentheses around the letter or letters that you wish to appear as hints. E.g., '(P)ARROT' will be presented on the screen as 'p' followed by five blank circles.
Creating a Proper Noun album
Here are the steps for creating a Proper Noun (case sensitive) album. To do this, your account must be flagged as a 'Teacher' account, so let's check that first.
- Log into https://my.playosmo.com/ with your myOsmo account.
- In the left column (you may need to scroll down a bit), click on the 'Account' link.
- You should see a section labeled 'This Osmo will be used...' with some checkboxes.
- Either the 'At School' or 'For Homeschooling' checkboxes need to be checked.
- Once we have that set up, let's go and create the actual Proper Noun album.
Now you are ready to make a proper noun album.
- Log into your myOsmo account.
- Click the myWords link at the top of the screen.
- Click the blue 'Create new album button' on the left. It will be called Untitled Album to begin with, click on the title to rename it to whatever you want.
- At the very bottom of the webpage, you will see 'Album Type: [A] Regular' -- click the 'Regular' link.
- You should see a pop-up asking if you want to make this a Regular or Proper Noun album. Choose Proper Noun album (you can also do this on albums you've already created).
- Click 'Add Image' and continue creating your album like you would normally.
(See this video for more info on that.
When you type in the words for each picture, just remember that whatever case you use here will be what the game expects. So you can do 'Paris, France' or 'Paris, TX', etc.
You can see other players’ custom albums here. To share one of your Words albums with friends, log into myOsmo, open the album you wish to share, click on the gear icon in the top right corner, and select Share. You will then be given a link that you can email your friends to have them access your album.